Lessons from Psalms Chapter 2
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potterâ€™s vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Genesis 9:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow (Rainbow) shall be seen in the cloud:
• It was no mistake that God made it very clear that it was HE who brought the flood upon the Earth and it is HE that causes the Rainbow (See Job 2:10 “…Shall we accept good from God but not trouble?....)
• The sorrow, the pain, the suffering, the tribulations that impact our lives are all from the hand of God who loves us and gave himself for us.
• Why would God do this to us? It is because he loves us and cares for us. • Exodus 3:7 The LORD said, “I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt. I have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know [heb: yaw-dah’} their sorrows
• He has never asked you to go where He is not. He will never lead us somewhere where He has not been already. See Hebrews 13
• God is the Author and Finisher of our Faith (Heb 12:2) and we are used of Him to will and to do of His good pleasure (Phil 2:13)
• He has stated clearly that he will indeed challenge us, test us, teach us, and place us in the fire to refine us so that we come forth as pure gold.
• Rest assured you are in the hands of God. From the words of Habakkuk, the prophet
Habakkuk 3:17-18 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength and He will make my feet like hinds feet, and he will make me walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments. •
The text tells me the Lord God is my strength. It is God who makes my path sure. Let us briefly look at what God’s word has to say that encourages us
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken , and shall he not make it good?
Isaiah 26:3 ;
Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? Has thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the end of the earth fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint: and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are account as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:57 1
2 Corinthians 1:3
2 Corinthians 1:4
2 Corinthians 2:14
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout the ages, world without end. Amen